Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And Just a Few Weeks Later ...

So I still exist, and I still write things down, and I still blog with the diligence of a baby goldfish, but the main difference, the really essential thing that separates the me who last posted from the current me is that one of us is wearing a ring to match the one pictured below.

In short: got married.

If I'm feeling really nice about it and if my attention doesn't wander, sometime later you might see an image or so from the happy event and subsequent vacation, but right now, I have more important things to talk about.

I don't blog to talk about my personal life. It's not how I roll.

No, the real news here, my friends, is that bare days before being linked up to the beautiful blonde of recent mention, I posted a feature script on Inktip.com.

That's right, with complete disregard for whatever my fellow scribes may eventually say about this script whenever they have a chance to read it, I surged ahead and sent it out into the world all on its own.

It was only the free Inktip 10-day trial, which since expired. But it seemed to be garnering at least a little attention, so I just now this night shelled out the cash to put it back on for the full term of six months.

We'll see what happens.

If I can get some feedback on it, and make what will hopefully be relatively small corresponding adjustments, I will later start querying it out. That's a hint to some of you. *Insert Winning Smile Here*

But until that happens, we are moving on.

If you will look to the right, Ladies and Gentlemen, you will see that the "Polygamy Rewrite" has been pushed down in favor of a new spec adaptation, which I am going to refer to for the moment as "The Nightmare."

Feel thrilled.

I'm excited about this adaptation. I've never done one of those, and I really love this source material. And I'm excited about starting my first new script in (I think) eight months.

So scamper off and let me work.

Note for my Xanga-using friends: surprising as it may seem, I am one of the last Blogger bloggers to allow non-Bloggers to comment. So you can keep commenting at my Xanga blog, but you don't have to.

2 comments:

japhy99 said...

Welcome back and congratulations again for talking a beautiful blonde into marrying you.

Good to hear you got a fire lit under your writing ass -- I'll get to that script by this weekend and send you my thoughts.

Robin Marie said...

congratulations... on both the marraige and the script.
you should check out www.craigslist.org, they occasionally have post for screenwriters